Thursday, September 10, 2009

To blog...or not to blog?

Prospective adoptive parents have been warned many times that the Nepalese officals are viewing all of the adoption blogs. I got (even more) confirmation this week when one of the parents who is actually in Nepal actually saw their blog on a computer screen when they walked into one of the ministry offices.

We are so excited to adopt from Nepal, and have nothing but the utmost respect for the Nepalese people, culture and religions. And, I love writing posts and investigating things about Nepal for writing posts. But will something I say be interpreted incorrectly? Could my musings be used against us?

So - to blog, or not to blog?

Namaste

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

go private when you travel. You can invite everyone you know in. But go private.

Lisa said...

I ask myself this nearly every day since I post quite often and about more than just our hopefulness to adopt. I generally write out my posts in Word and then sit on them for a day or so, have Len read them to be sure I haven't said too much and then hit publish and hope for the best. I am grateful that Teryl has left hers open and I'm sure she is leaving out some of the more private issues but at least we get a glimpse of the process. So I guess I'm saying that for now, I'm staying "open for business" and hoping my words read as intended.
Lisa

Elissa said...

I'm keeping mine open for now too, although it gave me some pause when the statcounter I use to keep track of the number of visitors to my blog showed that I had a visitor from Kathmandu last week!