Thursday, July 19, 2012

Jackson Stone: 10/7/2001 - 7/17/2012

I never knew a puppy dog so funny, gentle, bright
It seems to me - way too soon - to say our last good night

A steak filet on the couch, your head in daddy’s lap

Mama looked you in the eyes to take your final nap

The house is quiet now without your wagging tail
And at this point we’re not yet sure who will get the mail

So sweet pup, we wish you peace, and lots of space to play
We wish you lakes and creeks and friends and fresh snow every day

There will never be another you, Fluffernutter, Punkin-pie. Sweet dreams.

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I am so very sorry for your loss. Jackson looked like a wonderful, gentle and lovely dog and our pets mean so much to us. I have been following your blog for a while and have been dreading reading this post. The only consolation I can offer, as a fellow pet owner, is that Jackson is no longer pain. He is in heaven, looking down on you and loving on you from a far. He is playing in fresh snow and doing everything else he loves. Thinking of you at this difficult time.
Take care,
Elizabeth

Becca said...

Anne and family... I am so sorry for your loss- I too have followed your blog for awhile and I know how much you love Jackson and how much he helped you through those tough adoption years. You did the very best by him and know you will miss him.

thinking of all of you

Rebecca Smith

Straus^3 said...

So sorry!!! He was such an amazing dog. Thinking of you.
xoxo

Theresa said...

Just saw this. I am so so sorry. I know you loved him very much and I am sure his world revolved around you three. He was an amazing spirit and a wonderful companion. thinking of you.