Tuesday, March 10, 2009

The fun part about the I-600A...


Today we filed our I-600A, which means we "applied for advanced processing of an orphan" through US Immigration. How exciting, huh?! Now, we wait for our I-171H, which we will receive via mail from the INS in a month or so. The I-171H is the notice that the I-600 application has been approved and forwarded. I'm pretty much at the mercy of our adoption agency and community at this point, because what happens from here on out has me a bit confused. The good news is that we've made great progress, fairly quickly, I think. So I'll just keep checking things off the list. (I know - hard to believe there's still a "list" after 2.5 months of working on this nearly every day - but there is!)

The fun part about the I-600 is that the people in line to get their fingerprints right behind us had an envelope that looked suspiciously similar to ours. So, never the shy one, I asked if they were adopting. Turns out that they are - and they're adopting from Nepal - to boot! They are really great - Jenny & Kevin from Boulder. We're hoping they can join us on Sunday at our Colorado/Nepal Adoption Pot Luck. Who knows, maybe we'll travel to Nepal at the same time!

1 comment:

Carmen said...

There's a Colorado/Nepal adoption network? That's exciting! I'm just now starting the Nepal adoption process and would love any words of wisdom from those further along the paperwork trail than I.

Carmen
carmenmccracken@hotmail.com