Thursday, March 5, 2009

No stretch marks here.

There are some times when I'm bummed about not experiencing a physical pregnancy. No baby growing in my tummy. No cute maternity clothes. No tiny first kick. No baby shower...and no husband looking at me with wonder and awe, as I imagine most fathers-to-be do.

So I'll just think of the process as the pregnancy, the trips to the agency as the sonograms, the trip to Nepal as the labor... and wait anxiously for the day our baby is handed to us for the first time; just as it is so extraordinarily and undeniably meant to be. Because for absolute sure, while our pebble isn't growing in my tummy, our baby is growing in my heart. Namaste for now.

1 comment:

Julie said...

no baby shower? oh we are having a baby shower or my favorite alternative a blessingway!