Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Something outta nothing...

Not much news.

I'm going to have to get much better at blogging when there are no obvious or interesting updates on the adoption front. Referrals (matches) are still moving very slowly, or not at all, due to changes in the government in Nepal. It'll come around, we just don't know when. So, I'm using it as a opportunity to practice letting go, and to do some volunteer work for an organization that builds schools in remote areas of Nepal. (More about that, soon...I promise, it's good stuff!)

In the meantime I'm thankful for the great community we have - family, friends and all of the new friends we're making through the adoption process. The support we've gotten from all over the place since day one has really been amazing. On a business trip to Miami last week, I learned that a acquaintance in my industry and his wife adopted a child from Guatemala a few years ago. We talked about their process, and about ours, and he offered to help us in any way he could with our adoption. (This is a guy I've maybe talked to for maybe 30 minutes in my entire life - and I truly believe he would help us in any way he could.) This is the same thing that has happened countless times through the process... someone has adopted (or knows someone who has adopted) and will do absolutely anything they can to help the next in line. I just love that. We'll do the same.

Namaste.

No comments: