Thursday, June 3, 2010

1 year, 5 months and 2 days.

That's how long we've been working towards starting a family with hopes of a child from Nepal. We've learned a lot on this journey. We've met some fantastic new friends. We've seen the support and love from both family and strangers. We've had ups - and we've had downs. 

We're not sure if we're any closer to our child. But - as my husband (who has more faith than me) reminds me: our child will find us... and we will find our child.

So, another day, another prayer for our child, for our friends in the process, for those we don't know in the process, and for the orphans in Nepal - and everywhere. So many children who want families - so many families-to-be who want those children. If only we could connect them all.

Namaste

3 comments:

lfree said...

Hi there. I'm wondering why you haven't received a referral yet since you must have sent your paperwork in January and others have already who filed after you. What age are you requesting? An infant? I hope you have some good news soon.

Pebble to Stone said...

Hi Lois - actually - if you go back in the blog - we sent our paperwork in late April. We started our paperwork (and the blog) in January. I have heard of some April matches, though!

Lisa said...

It looks like more referrals are coming based on the yahoo group notices--I hope to be reading that you got yours soon!