Saturday, June 26, 2010

Protection

I've been struggling with things to write about lately.  I mean, one can only write "We haven't heard anything", "We have no idea what's happening" and "I don't have a lot of patience" so many times.

Most of the bloggers adopting from Nepal have either made their blogs private, or just plain quit posting. We've heard that the authorities in Nepal are reading our blogs, but we've never had anything to hide. We respect the people, the culture and the religions of Nepal enormously. (And I believe this blog reflects that.) Actually, it's those exact things that are the reasons we're hoping to bring a child from Nepal home.

But after this long rollercoaster ride - I wonder if our journey with Nepal is close to ending. Holding on to hope, day after day, and year after year takes a lot of energy. I'd never want to take our dossier out of Nepal, but I think I need to let this go for a while...

Our baby will find us. I can hold onto that. But I'm not sure I can hold onto where our baby will come from for now. From where I stand, it's hard to tell whether the door is opening, or closing.

Namaste

3 comments:

Erin Carson said...

I totally agree. If you turn private, I'd love to keep reading. I would love to hear where you may go from here- erin@laugherys.com

Thanks for all your thoughts- since you are one of the few still posting!

~Erin
www.eecarson.wordpress.com

take care!

Smitha Mathew said...

Totally understand your situation. Very tough. At the same time please keep in mind that people are returning back from Nepal with kids. I know you are thinking "till my turn comes how does that help me". I used to think like that and it is true.
We are all human at the end.

The journey is tough irrespective of which country till you get your baby home and all of you are settled in. Child and parents will take three to four months to settle in (in my experience).

The toughest period was after seeing the referral but has no information and cannot get to your child. That period is nauseatingly painful.

Special prayer for both of you. You have such a great attitude towards adoption. It is a treat to see it.

Take care

yolo said...

Well said...Feeling the same on this end. Thanks for continuing to blog! It's tough when there isn't much to write about.
~jen