Saturday, January 24, 2009

Dactyloscopy


Short for fingerprint identification, of course.

We had our fingerprints done today. These tiny portraits of our digits will be sent to the FBI to make sure we're baby-worthy. And it's another check in the long list of paperwork we're going to have complete by Monday morning! (Right honey?) ABC Fingerprinting (303-480-3581) came right to our house with only about an hour's notice. Virginia was awesome. (And very informative. I am confident she has all X-files episodes on DVD or maybe VCR tape). I'm sure we avoided a lot of crap by not going to the Sheriff's office to get them done, and it cost us not a penny more! A small victory.

There are 3 types of prints, all pretty self-explanatory:
1.) Whorl
2.) Arch
3.) Loop
I was all loops. Terry has one whorl and the rest loops. Neither of us is very rare or fascinating, apparently. (And I admit that I was disappointed, I'd hoped for something really rare, like a tented arch or no finger prints at all). According to a well-known hand reader, since I have all loops here ares some words to describe me: flexible, adaptable, easy going. Ummmm...NOTSOMUCH.

OK - on to the autobiography, family tree, financial overview, etc...namaste for now.

No comments: