Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Making Progress!

On Monday I drove to the adoption agency with the contents of our formal application. Since it was a chilly 14 degrees outside with almost 6 inches of fresh snow, Terry suggested I Fed-Ex it. Not a chance! I wanted to place it in our coordinator's hands myself, and I did. I also wrote a big, fat check as our first payment. (I know this sounds terrible, but I was really hoping I could use a credit card and get the miles, but no go, and I thought it best not to belabour the point.)

We have a few more documents to get to the agency, then we'll begin the home study process, which will take 3-6 months. (I'm shooting for 3.) At the same time we'll be taking required classes and working on our Dossier for Nepal. I'm now signing off to go figure out how to get a original copy of my birth certificate. Which is ridiculous, because "original copy" is a total oxymoron.
One. Step. At. A. Time.
~Namaste for now.

2 comments:

Laura Love-Aden said...

You should use this service. It saved my life while I was gathering all of the vital records!

http://www.asststork.com/

Michelle said...

Good luck! Smart move to drive in your paperwork - I did the same with my first adoption. It's precious cargo.