Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Breakdown. Just a small one.

We went to the adoption agency today. We thought we were going to finalize our dossier for sending to Nepal immediately. In the 22nd hour we learned that we need an additional letter from one of our banks that's going to take 7-10 days to get. And we can't send the dossier to Nepal until we get it.

It's my 4oth birthday on Saturday and we're leaving for a camping trip to Bryce Canyon Thursday. I had it in my head that our dossier would be happily on its way to Nepal as we drove across Colorado for a long weekend in Utah. Nope. No siree. Nada.

So I cried a bit. I guess I had a minor breakdown in general. I figure that's not too bad, seeing as how I've only had about three breakdowns, total, in this process - each of which has lasted less than 5 minutes, max (I recover quickly). But then again it's not over yet, not by a long shot. Must give more offerings to Ganesha! Namaste for now.

4 comments:

yolo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
yolo said...

Glad I'm not the only one...I've had two of those little breakdowns myself so far! And have to laugh afterwards - I'm sure there are really tough parts still ahead of us. Hang in there Anne. And enjoy your bday weekend!! :)

Lynn K said...

Anne, don't worry about the slight delay. It'll take that long for the guarantee letter to reach your dossier so it's not really a delay in time, just an added hoop to jump through. HAVE A WONDERFUL BIRTHDAY!

Amy said...

Those bumps can feel so frustrating. Its tough when you have an idea of how something will work out and it doesn't quite. I think it is difficult in part because it reminds us of how little control we actually have in this process. (and because, well let's face it, it can be a pain to have to chase down one more piece of paper ;-) Hang in there! In the end they are just bumps-you are still on the road and making good progress : ). I hope you have a beautiful and very relaxing birthday weekend. Sounds great!