Monday, May 25, 2009

Patience. It doesn't come naturally to me.

Nepal's new Prime Minister has been sworn into office. We don't know how this will affect the adoption process. We expect slowdowns, but things have been moving pretty slowly (at least it seems from a half a world away) anyway.

Since Nepal re-opened for adoptions in January of this year, it's our understanding that 3 children have been matched with families, although no one has actually traveled to Nepal. (Selfishly, and for the sake of the babies, children and other families we hope the momentum picks up soon!) We have to remember that not everyone moves at our "American" pace. (Hmmm...that "patience" thing seems to be a recurring theme in my life.)

So, we're (still) in a holding pattern. We're hesitant to set up the baby's room, talk about names or get too exited since things are so uncertain. Although I'd be lying if I said our hearts weren't already involved.

Namaste.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Your thoughts are so interesting, as I have most of them in my internal dialogue already. We are on the same journey it appears. We have been finished with our dossier since september, only two months ago received our registration number and had to switch agencies even to be counted toward the theoretical matching. I have never "blogged" before, but now addicted to the info it provides. It appears that you have been to nepal. I am anxious to return. I was there in 2000 and the country made its obvious impression. I am hopeful that we both have a dream come true very soon. cam from tacoma