Saturday, May 2, 2009

Yak Stew in Golden!

Terry and I made a new discovery tonight! We went to eat dinner at a new restaurant here in Golden - the Sherpa House Restaurant and Cultural Center. A neighbor had mentioned the Sherpa House earlier in the day, and we're big fans of Indian/Nepalese food, so we headed over.

Well, it could not have been more delightful! Lhakpa Sherpa and his family opened the restaurant (Himalayan cuisine) about a month ago. They've decorated the place with artifacts and pictures from Nepal, and have even outfitted the front room to look like a typical Himalayan house. There's a Buddhist shrine room and a nice patio, as well.

Lhakpa and the others (all of whom were from Nepal, as well) were very friendly and our food was great. (I had Chicken Tikka Masala and Terry ordered the Yak stew...a little chewy but good.) We chatted a bit about the Nepalese community here in Golden, and even found a few people that we know in common! Lhakpa kindly offered to help however he could when we go to Nepal. We will frequent the Sherpa House, for sure.

Our circle expands and our community continues to grow. For that I am humbled and thankful. And I can't finish this post without mentioning that the first ten minutes we sat in the place I had tears streaming down my face. I can't explain why, but I know there are some of you who understand. Namaste.

1 comment:

Lynn K said...

Oh! We've got to try that place!