Sunday, September 11, 2011

Really good stuff.

We FINALLY took our infant/child CPR class on Saturday. One more crazy-long CD of at-home training and we're finished with our training! We also made another trip to IKEA to get a dresser that will also function as a changing table. Once we get that built we should be finished, at long last, with his room! 

While at IKEA (which also happens to be my own personal hell) we got Samuel his very own Jackson. And the moment I picked it up and Terry couldn't, or wouldn't, say "no" - I loved my husband more than ever. You see, he'll complain about spending too much, we have too much crap, spending too much, we have too much crap, on and on (and I agree). But I know that he let me take that $15.00 huge golden-retriever stuffed animal that WE DO NOT NEED AT ALL, without protest, to the cashier because he loves both our golden, and our little boy so much. I'll never forget that moment.THAT is who I am lucky enough to be married to.

And - we got our monthly update (about a month late) from the orphanage. He's growing and gaining weight. And in one of the pictures, Samuel is SMILING! (We have video of him smiling, but this is the first documented photograph of the elusive Samuel Stone smile. And it's a spectacular, silly, toothless baby grin that I wish I could post and I look at at least 50 times a day.) I don't think there's anything that could have made me happier than that picture and my husband's heart this weekend. Such good stuff.

3 comments:

Becca said...

yea! Anne! happy days! love all the updates and I can't wait to hear that it is time to travel back to Africa... let me know when you need the formula etc...

elliemac said...

Now that is such a wonderful thing to post - life is indeed good with more goodness to follow very soon.

Anonymous said...

can't wait. any day now I cannot wait for the post (or call) that you are on your way!! I can feel it!!
We have many. many. not needed stuffed animals. they make kiddos happy too- not just the parents that buy them- :-)

xoxo