Saturday, February 21, 2009

Maybe about to potentially almost reach a milestone!

On Monday, we'll Fed-Ex a package to our agency with everying needed (I hope) to officially finish our home study. With these documents, our social worker will be able to write the actual study. We've already had all 3 required meetings, and now have to attend our training/classes. (The only piece to this that is out of our control is whether or not the people we asked to be references have sent in their forms - but I'm pretty sure they have!)

So now we wait to see what the social worker's assessment of us as potential parents is. (I won't go into the whole "how I hate being judged" thing here...) Next is the Dossier. It's coming along - I'm getting at least one thing accomplished every day, even if it's minor. It's really unbelieveable how much work this process is! Namaste for now.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Congratulations!! I know it is a relief to have that part done. I remember the first time our home study assessment came to us last year. I delayed reading it for a couple days because I was so nervous but in the end, it was just fine. Hang in there with all the details of the dossier. You are doing well to just focus on getting at least one small thing done a day and it sounds like you are making very steady progress! Yea : )