Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Minor blip, all things considered...


Our marriage license copies arrived today - certified, but not in color! Oh well - all things considered this is a pretty easy correction. I'll just send for them again and be more explicit in my explicitness. And write another check.

But we're making good progress! Last night we completed the final home-study session. Our social worker was great and put us at ease. We both have official (color) copies of our birth certificates. We've both had our doc's appointments... I am having my blood work done tomorrow. We've signed up for training in March and April. (Our second session will be on my 40th birthday, so my 40th b'day trip to Bryce Canyon and the San Rafael Swell for slot canyoneering has been bumped a bit. Bummer, but anything for Pebble!)

We're now starting on the long list of dossier requirements. The goal is to accomplish one thing every day. (My accomplishment for today was an email to my contact at Adoption Alliance with a long list of questions!) Which reminds me: thank you to my amazing hubby who is catching my oversights! I'm not a details person, so this process would be nearly impossible - or at least twice as long - without his keen eye! Also - thanks to Laura for her continued support and learnings. By the way - her dossier is delivered in Nepal - we're so excited for you - congratulations, Laura! Namaste for now.

No comments: