Thursday, June 9, 2011

Excruciating.

I've now talked to two families who got matches with their children more than a month after us. They both already have court dates for June or July.

We're still hoping to get an initial date in July before the courts close down for rainy season in August/September. 

The uncertainty of this, and of our baby potentially spending 2 extra months in an orphanage, is excruciating. I know I should let go, I know I shouldn't worry. I know I need to be patient. But while I know all of that, I am literally sick to my stomach every time I think about timing. I can't breathe. 

There are times when I feel certain we'll travel soon. There are times my my stomach and heart seem to fall through my feet into the floor because we may not.

Please? 

I'm going to go take the pup for a walk/swim at the river, and try to remember all the good. Yes, take my mind off of it.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

hang in there, I have to believe you will hear good news soon!!!
xoxo

Two Little Birds said...

Anne,
Thanks for your comment. I do know who you are, and in fact, I look at your blog every few days just hoping to see a court date for you. Call is an "internet connection", and maybe it is our Nepal/Taiwan doors closing that makes me really empathize with your story, but yes, it is so very difficult. I know you get it. It has not been easy for you, but now you are so close to being joined for the the baby meant for your arms, and you have one last torturous wait. But.... it will come and I am still thinking sooner than later. My case worker just today told me to hang on because each day you are one day closer. Tough to hear, but it is all we really have at this moment. Hang on and I am crossing my fingers to hear wonderful news next week!

teryl said...

It's so excruciatingly hard to wait now that you know who bbs is. I remember while waiting after the referral of our daughter but prior to the final approval of the Nepal government, and all of the political upheaval, wondering what our she was doing, was someone comforting her when she cried? It's so hard just not knowing....and dealing with that anxiety that something could fall through while you wait. It helped me a little to try to remember that she was living as she always had. She wasn't sitting waiting for us...she was with all of the people that she knew and loved. And although she was living in an orphanage with limited resources, she was well cared for. Still it's hard to be so far away....so go for a nice long walk with the dog, and keep yourself busy doing things that will be hard to do once you have your little boy home with you.

Becca said...

Anne- I imagine the wait must be physically and emotionally horrible- keep your eye on that wonderful prize! you truly are almost there.. I am sending you peace for your heart and hope for some good news!

thx for your words of encouragement and your visit to my neglected blog- tough stuff over here.. I happily await good news on your blog!

Lynn K said...

Hoping you'll get good news very soon!

Pebble to Stone said...

Thank you. Very much.

Theresa said...

Oh Anne, I had so hoped that after all you had been through, this part would be quick and you would have that baby boy home to love on. I can't imagine how difficult it is for you waiting once again. Hoping you hear good news and that you will travel soon to meet your son. I