Tuesday, June 28, 2011

T-Minus 13

We are leaving for Addis Ababa in 13 days. We are CRAZY busy. Here's just a small list of what we've accomplished in the last week or so:
  • Cleaned out BBS's (Baby Boy Stone's) room
  • Painted mural in BBS's room
  • Shopped for and bought crib (thanks Carolyn!)
  • Bought cutest little table for BBS to draw at w/daddy (")
  • Bought used Tripp-Trapp high chair
  • Bought clearance baby boy clothes
  • Had garage sale
  • Registered at Babies R Us and REI
  • Picked up used pack and play (thanks Lynn!!)
  • Took leftover items to Habitat for Humanity and consignment
  • Preparing lists of invitees for 3 baby showers
  • Each have had multiple immunizations
  • Researched and booked flights
  • Researched travel insurance
  • Researched and booked hotel rooms
  • Researched additional travel to N. Ethiopia
  • Researched gliders (thanks Liz!)
  • Researched rain boots that are functional, cheap and cute, no luck
  • Got multiple prescriptions for trip
  • Put together medical kit
  • Shopped REI for travel-related items like chlorine tablets for H2O
  • Started packing list
  • Made a list for friend who offered to shop additional garage sales (thanks Julie!)
  • Answered 10,000 questions about the adoption process now that it's happening (ok, maybe 100)
  • Talked with my mom at least 10 times
  • Wrote multiple thank you notes
  • Found a Jackson-sitter (thanks Ann and Ross!)
  • Got photo album for BBS and decided on pictures to take
  • ...
I am too tired to finish this list. You get the picture. 

Oh... I forgot to mention that then there's my full-time job! (Fortunately, I love my job and the people I work with, so it's a pleasant distraction. And my boss, who I adore, let me work from home last week which was a LIFESAVER!) And the women I work (who I also adore) with are laughing at the"baby-brain" taking over my usual hyper-diligence.

5 comments:

elliemac said...

You forgot to add --- alternately laughed and cried multiple times a day.

Becca said...

Anne- what size show are you- I've got rainboots for you to take! I would love it if at least my boots made it to Ethiopia! I'm size 8 1/2 or 9

Becca said...

I meant shoe.. typing to fast with child in lap..

Pebble to Stone said...

Becca - I'm an 8.5! Email me annestone@earthlink (dot) net. Yay!!

Becca said...

Anne emailed you- not sure if I got past your filter? let me know and I can leave those boots for you on my porch as I am leaving tomorrow for a trip.. my email is rebeccacsmith14@gmail.com