Thursday, July 14, 2011

July 14, 2011


Selam (peace!)

We met our son this morning!

 We can’t share photos, but he’s gorgeous. I mean he is absolutely beautiful.

It was about an hours’ drive to the orphanage/care center. It was the most surreal experience of our lives. They took us into a room (around 8x8) with pillows on the floor and some toys. One of the nannies walked in with BBS, handed him to me, and left. (Seriously! She left – does she know we have no experience with kids??) Our driver, Efram, took the flip and started filming, Terry took our camera and took some pictures. BBS looked right at me, he touched my face, then held on tight to my hair. Then it was Terry’s turn, I handed him his son. And again, BBS touched his lips and his face. And I took pictures. We then proceeded to stand there, in shock, and not know quite what to do. The driver suggested we walk around the care center – so we did.

It’s a very clean/new facility. Although the drive to get there takes one through 3rd world country scenery the likes of which I have never seen. More on that later.

BBS was very quiet, not fussy at all. He can clearly hear and see, he reached for things and liked to hold our fingers (or my hair). He was observant but we could not, for over an hour of trying, get him to smile.  He has a little cough and a runny nose. Oh, and he did throw up on me. So I guess that makes it somewhat official.

It’s hard to put this experience into words. The best we can do right now is to remember to breathe.


11 comments:

Becca said...

sitting with my morning coffee- crying- I am so happy for you guys.. and while we remain only blogger friends at this point.. I feel like I am witnessing a huge moment with you.. and yes- the throw up does make it official- the smile will come.. yea!!!!!!!

Straus^3 said...

Happy Happy Happy!!!

Anonymous said...

sobbing over here honey.. finally your day has come!! I am so happy for you all, and I agree the smile will come. Eye contact is huge!!

Enjoy it all, every day!!
xoxo
kyn

elliemac said...

I haven't even been able to type anything until now due to tears of joy. What a wonderful blessing!

Clair said...

This is wonderful. I, too, sat here bawling. SUCH truly fantastic news. Enjoy him Mummy!

Theresa said...

I can only imagine your joy. After years and months of yearning and agonizing and waiting, this day is here. Finally. This is your son. Oh how happy I am for you. Congratulations, mommy.

Two Little Birds said...

So wonderful to read! You have your son! Thank you so much for posting and letting us share in this beautiful journey.

Lynn K said...

As I said, the smile of a woman who has no idea if her floors are dirty or clean!

Lisa said...

Cannot wait to see pictures! So, so, so happy for you three!

Wes, Dawn and Luke said...

So now is the time for me to say...Its worth it isn't it. All the hurt all the pain POOF! I am sure there is some numbness but this is why it all happend, because this little one was the one :o) So happy for you!! I can tell you that one year from now you may be a little more tired but the unspeakable feeling will still be there!

Annie Fabik said...

Happy happy happy!! I feel so lucky to get to get to share in this. Congratulations mama.