Friday, August 5, 2011

HE IS OUR BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We have been awarded custody!!!

I have never been so happy in my life. We just got the call that our MOWA letter came through TODAY in Ethiopia, and we have passed court. HE IS OUR SON! We have dodged the court closures by mere hours!!!

The thought of him in the orphanage for an extra 2-4 months was more than I could bear. I was up all night: "It's 2pm in Addis, there's still time...",  "It's 3pm in Addis, there's still time..."  and so on. I fell asleep on the floor in his room. I lit candles. I prayed. I cried. I worried. I prayed. I read him books. I cried.

Thank you Universe! Thank you God, thank you Buddha, thank you Allah, thank you everyone who has us in their thoughts!!

It's a miracle. I am a mama. Terry is a daddy. Jackson's a big brother. We're a family!

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

Now, I must give back. I am collecting shoes and formula for our next trip. These babies need help. I'll take as much as we can carry.

And, I must make this note. One year ago tomorrow, August 6th, 2010, Nepal closed for adoption. We mourn the child we lost, the children our friends lost, and we have our friends who had to fight and nearly go bankrupt to get their children home in our hearts.

Selam. Peace.

9 comments:

Lynn K said...

Just in time!!!!! So happy for you. Yeah!

Lisa said...

So beyond thrilled for you! Welcome to motherhood--it's a fantastic ride!

Becca said...

can't believe it- or I guess I can- I KNEW this would all work out- you deserve it..I felt it when I saw your last post- happy Mother's day Anne! pls post a list of your top 5 wishes for your duffle bag and I would LOVE to contribute-

how are you feeling?

Michele said...

Yay! Official congratulations! :)

You mentioned needing shoes-I'd love to donate some. Do you have any more specifics?

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you! Sunday wil be a true celebration!!

Mindee said...

Wonderful News! Congratulations Mommy and Daddy!

Reg said...

Congratulation! I am very happy for you

mama of 5 said...

So happy for you! It was such a horrible day a year ago. So happy that another one of us that had to face the tradgy of Nepal is on their way to their child. Praying that our family will be matched with our daughter soon.

Kirsten said...

Congratulations that's wonderful!