Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Most. Productive. Weekend. Ever!

My mom and dad were here for a long weekend, and all I can say is that Terry and I both wish we had the energy that my parents do! They were an incredible help, not to mention fun to be with. (Unfortunately they may never return, we worked so hard!) 

Here are just a few things we accomplished:
  • 3 trips to IKEA (stab me in the eye with a fork!)
  • 1 trip to BabiesRUS (stab me in the eye with a spoon!)
  • Multiple trips to the hardware store
  • Built toy organizers and bookshelves for baby's room 
  • Sorted and organized and toys and "stuff"
  • Washed, folded and stored clothes for when he's a bit bigger (which is most of them!)
  • Built crib and got mattress 
  • Cleaned and organized baby room
  • Built shelves for extra storage in laundry room
  • Built closet in guest bathroom for storage
  • Packed up china and moved china cabinet
  • Built new storage piece for living room to allow places for toys and storage
  • Prepared for and hosted a BBQ for 30 of our closest international adoption friends
  • Went to a baby shower in Nederland hosted by Terry's oldest friend (time, not age!) Tracy, and my longest-time Colorado friend, Suzanne 
  • Visited with our wonderful friend Nature who introduced and married Terry and me (since she was in town for the shower)
  • Had dinner with some close friends of ours and my parents' in Boulder
  • Mom made an awesome gluten-free peach cobbler
Here's the baby's room with the new IKEA storage. Terry's mom and I helped him with his awesome tree mural a few weeks ago. Crib pictures to come.
Here's the new storage in the living room (not IKEA), which replaced the china cabinet we had. SO much more space for toys now in the main part of the house!

We still have lots to do - but wow - was this weekend an amazing help and a great time! Thanks, mom and dad!!!

Now for the thing I need to do with no help (unless my hubby steps up...) is WRITE THANK YOU NOTES! Have got to get on this.

Still no word on bringing him home. I really, really am not good with this waiting. REALLY. Can't even talk about timing or I break down.

2 comments:

elliemac said...

Happy to be of assistance for y'all and especially the young prince! His domain is ready, now let's bring him home.

Becca said...

luckiest, most loved baby ever!!! please let me know when you are ready for a formula delivery..