Tuesday, August 23, 2011

GREEN EGGS AND SAM.



I talked with our agency today. 
Q: Any update on his paperwork?
A: No - internet has been down in Ethiopia so we don't know where things stand.
Q: Do you have his passport or birth certificate? Court decree?
A: No, no and maybe - the court decree might be stuck in cyberspace. We think they've sent it, but we don't have it.
Q: We've heard the US embassy has been scrutinizing cases even more than usual, is this true?
A: Well, it's a busy time of season and they've really been scrutinizing more since Jan 1st. So yes and no.
Q: Are you talking with our lawyer and agency rep in Ethiopia?
A: When we can hear him.
Q: We are thinking of having Terry go over to take custody, are other families doing the same?
A: The US government has sent us recommendations on that, we'll send out when we can.
Q: Can we have family help us start contacting our senators and representatives for support and pressure on the Embassy in Addis?
A: Your paperwork hasn't even gotten to embassy.
Q: Can you give me any information on timing?
A: No
Q: I am losing my mind. Is there anything you can tell me????
A: No, sorry. Not really.

SERIOUSLY?????? OK. I AM FREAKING OUT!  SO THERE!! 
WE PASSED COURT MORE THAN A MONTH AGO! FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, PLEASE LET US GET OUR SON HOME. I WANT MY BABY AND I WANT HIM NOW!! I AM AT WIT'S END! I WANT MY BABY HOME, SAFE, IN MY ARMS, NOT IN AN ORPHANAGE.  (YES! THIS IS NOT THE PRETTIEST PART, BUT IT'S A PART OF ME RIGHT NOW!) I WANT TO SCREAM AND YELL AND TELL PEOPLE TO HURRY UP!! SIGN PAPERS!! GET APPROVALS!! I WANT MY BABY! I DO NOT WANT TO BE CALM. I DO NOT WANT TO BE PATIENT. I DO NOT WANT TO LET THINGS HAPPEN IN THEIR OWN TIME. I DO NOT WANT TO BREATH DEEPLY! 

I DO NOT WANT TO WAIT A WHILE! I DO NOT WANT TO TRY TO SMILE! I DO NOT WANT GREEN EGGS AND HAM!


I WANT MY LITTLE BABY, SAM!

And DO NOT suggest I calm down, please. 

(Guess it's a good thing this is as private blog, if I'm going to let it all out like this.)

7 comments:

Two Little Birds said...

I won't tell you to calm down because you have every right to be freaking out! This must be soooo difficult. But really, just think in a few months - when you are changing you 100+ poopy diaper - this will be a distant nightmare (or maybe when you think about it, in comparison, poopy diapers will seem fabulous!). Just hold on, breath, and you will have him home very soon. You will! I also want to thank you for you kind post. What you said about "things meant to be" just makes so much sense. Thank you so much for that.

Mindee said...

I've been in your shoes and know what it's like to be freaking out too and losing my patience with my agency and both governments. Please keep the faith. I'm praying that your baby will be home soon and in the not so distant future, you'll barely remember this stressful time. My daughter has been home from Nepal a year and it was extremely difficult. So hard, that I didn't know if I'd survive, but I did and she's here (started preschool today). You have so many people that you don't even know pulling for you. You are not alone, even if it feels like it.

elliemac said...

Here's just a suggestion - make a list of who can be contacted and the information to give them. We will then all begin to bombard the various agencies (state, federal, international) with calls, letters, etc until we get some action. You've got tons of family and friends pulling for you guys and Sam.

Anonymous said...

"when we can hear him".. "when we get to it (sending it over)" hmmm.. those would send anyone over the edge. hang onto that edge. you are closer than you think.. it just doesn't seem like it with crappy answers. Sam will be home soon and then you will be worried about those stairs, those super clean floors of yours and how much that awful drive of yours sucks time away from your little man.. the worrying will never stop now.

How's that for a light hearted response? ya didn't want anyone to tell you calm down!! :-)

love ya much

Becca said...

I've got to be honest Anne I would have been more concerned about you if I didn't see any freaking out- you have been patient, you have been calm.. now is the time to be pissed- pissed at our government, pissed at theirs, pissed at the agency for their lack of info and for not freaking out.. and just overall pissed off at the ridiculous fact that you have to wait at all! I am sending you peace and maybe some of my patience to tide you over... Sam will be home soon but in the mean time you are acting exactly how you feel!

Straus^3 said...

I hear you!!!

Kirsten said...

You go right ahead and freak the eff out! I'm going to send some "sign the damn papers!" vibes overseas and over here. God Speeeeeeeed!