Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Glue.

For 2 days, since the suggestion that adoptions in Ethiopia will be cut by 90%, I have felt like someone has been standing on my chest. I can't breathe. I can't sleep. My heart hurts - I mean, it physically hurts. Today in particular, I am having the hardest day I've had since August 6th. I am terrified of losing another child. Most days I keep the fear at bay - today it is my constant shadow - waiting to swallow me if I drop my guard for one second. I'm not tough right now. I'm on the verge of breaking into a million pieces.

But then you helped me. I got home to find a card from some friends telling us that we're in their thoughts, and to hold onto hope. They lost a child in Nepal, too. These people (who we really hardly know) took the time to write a note, address it, stamp it, put it in the mail - and while in their own very hard place - they let us know we were in their thoughts. 

This card, supportive comments on this blog from people I know and love, and people I've never met, phone calls, texts and check-ins at the office; my mom and dad, my husband: you're holding me together. Thank you. 


Namaste.


PS - I do regret that I sound so darn emotional lately. I'll try to work up a really positive or maybe a funny post. Or at least link to someone else's that will make you laugh.

3 comments:

Wes, Dawn and Luke said...

My God give you the Strength to keep going. My heart break for you and the children in Ethiopia. You have to believe that there is a plan...open your hearts to hear it. After 5 years of waiting Luke came home but not untill be were drug through 3 country closings. God never said that life would be easy but he has a plan and he will grant peace. We want to adopt again and we are done broke after Ethiopia. This time we feel we are being lead to a large sibling group through our state. Why?? I don't know.... we never wanted a large family but God knows what is best. You are in our prayers.

Lynn K said...

Thinking about you guys. Hoping and hoping that things will move forward.

mama of 5 said...

You have every right to be emotional right now. Please don't apoligize. I understand, because I feel I do the same to my friends. I have to really make an effort not to talk about adoption when I am with them. But I could not help it yesterday. I vented to them about the injustice of it all. My heart is so heavy for you. I linked my blog to yours and encouraged people to sign the petition. I talk about you often to a group of women that are supporting me right now through all of my adoption trials. It amazes me the people that have come to mean so much to me that I don't even know. I pray often for you and the many families that are waiting for their children. I look forward to the day I can celebrate with you when you get to the other side of this journey. I keep holding on to the hope that we will get to the other side.