Tuesday, March 29, 2011

O M G ! ! ! ! ! ! !


Yes, we got THE CALL. The call I have been fantasizing about for more than two years. The call I wondered where I'd be when it came, the call I wondered how I'd feel when it came, the call I wondered with whom I'd be with when it came. The call that held the answers I was dying to know. The call I never knew for sure if I'd get...the call to tell us that we have a referral. The call to tell me that I'm a mommy.

He's not quite a year old. He's perfect. He's gorgeous. I'm falling more in love every day. 

Thank you for your prayers, your thoughts, your wishes, your good energy, your meditations. I am once again humbled by the kindness and generosity of people. While I'm spiritual by nature, I'm not an overly-religious person. But today I can say, with total and absolute certainty: "God has heard."

Now, to get this precious pebble home so he can become a Stone. Everything has changed. Every. Little. Thing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(Know that we cannot share his name, photo, age, or any identifying information. If you are family member or close friend, please be careful not to post any of the aforementioned information in comments here or in any other forum.)

And finally, while I am overflowing with joy and happiness, I have compassion for those who are still waiting, or who have waited longer, or been through country closures. Those who have circumstances and a journey different that ours. I reserve a space in my heart to hold you. Know that I know a pain similar to yours. And I hope your day is soon.

19 comments:

Lynn K said...

So, so happy for you and Terri. Congratulations. Can't wait for him to be home, snuggled in, and just plain here.

Lisa said...

Oh boy oh boy oh boy!!!! Thrilled to finally be reading this on your blog! You have no idea. Can't wait to hear the details when you are able to share. We also got good news this week with our referral for our daughter in China! Congratulations Mama!

Shelly & Tim said...

I have been following you for a long time and I can truly say that I am sooooo happy to hear your good news! I also cannot wait to hear details and to be following your journey as you travel for him. It is the best feeling in the world! --Shelly

mama of 5 said...

Ahhhh! I just screamed on another blog that just got their referral!!! To see those that have struggled through years and years of waiting receive their referrals brings me so much joy! What an amazing day in the adoption world! Helps me to believe that we some day will have this wonderful day happen to us too. Congrats!!!! Look forward to hearing more details. So glad to see movement in Ethiopia!!

Two Little Birds said...

OMG is right!!! That it just SO COOL! I knew you were close, but had no idea you were that close! I am relaly happy for the both of you. Oh, and and a boy? THEY ROCK!! (and they loooove their mommy, too). You are giving me hope that this might happen for us one day... hopefully soone than later :)

Wendy said...

Yipeeeee! What wonderful news! I am so excited that you finally have a referral after so long and so much heartache. It is so good to see people from the Nepal program finally finding their child. I can't wait to follow along as you go to Ethiopia to meet your little one.

Proto said...

What a surprise!!! I am sooo excited for you! I am you did not have to wait 5 years as we did!! I hope you get to travel within bearable time!! Sooooon!!!

Theresa said...

OMG is right! What a blessing. Congratulations on becoming a mommy. I hope court and embassy dates go smoothly for your family and you travel soon to meet and love on your son.

elliemac said...

happiness is.......hearing the new Mommy and Daddy say "our son"

Straus^3 said...

Finally!!!! Happy early mother's day!

Wes, Dawn and Luke said...

You must be floating!! I am so happy for you...I understood your pain and now I can tell you that I understand your JOY! You will always hold a spot for thoes who are waiting and suffering but you now have developed a new level of patients.....Just a few more legs of your journey. I will be praying for a God Speed court date!!! I am very religous so I will be praying each day!

Anonymous said...

SO happy!!! Can't wait to meet him!!!
xoxo

Wes, Dawn and Luke said...

While you wait can I recomend a good read? Parenting your international adopted child and Attaching in Adoption....being your first child you may not know the sings of detachment (we didn't) and these books have helped us so much. Most of the kiddos in our group have had some issues in that department BUT they are all doing wonderful! Its a good way to prepare and NEST (cuz you will)while you wait.

Anonymous said...

WOW - What a journey! This is absolutely wonderful. I'm so so happy to hear this news. Relish in it as I'm sure you are.

YOU ARE NOW A MOM.

ps so where were you when you got it? with whom? details!

teryl said...

So very happy for you and Terry! I can't wait until you hold him in your arms for the first time! ....and when you can actually bring him home...OMG!

Bridget said...

Nothing but happiness for you!!!!

Sheila said...

Woohoo!!! So happy for you and your growing family!!!

Becca said...

SOOOOOO happy to see this on your blog finally!!!! great news!!! I don't know you except what you share on here- but I got goosebumps when I read this today! It is your turn- enjoy!

Mindee said...

So happy for you! I can't wait to hear more about your little one. Hang in there while you wait! It's difficult too, but wonderful when you finally have your child in your arms. I admit I didn't handle any of the waiting well at all. But I've forgotten all the heartache now.
Warm wishes and many prayers for a trip to bring him home soon!