Saturday, May 21, 2011

Playing at the beach.

I'm in Boca Raton, Florida for work this week. (This does not suck.) I'm moderating and presenting at a conference next week, so while I AM spending my weekend writing my script and my presentations, I'm doing it from a beach chair with hourly dips into the Atlantic. Like I said, it doesn't suck.

Today, throughout the day, I thought of my boys, and how fun it will be to bring them to the beach. 

There's BBS, of course, with whom I cannot wait to frolic in the waves and build sand castles (and then destroy them - because, after all, he is a little boy...)

But there's also our pup, who's not a baby anymore, Jackson Stone. You've seen pictures and I've written about him in this blog. He's pretty much my first-born. I love this dog more than just about anything. So - he's my other boy I want to bring to the beach. If there are two things in the world this dog loves, they are dirt and water. I think he would go absolutely nuts at the ocean, and I would love, love, love to see it. And, I'd love to be able to give him that joy before he gets too old. Which, unfortunately, is upon us already.

So that's what I want for Christmas this year. I want to take my two boys to the beach. Along with my man. That's all. No presents, no prime rib, no stockings hung by the chimney with care, no sparkly tree. Just me and my guys at the beach. That is about the best thing I can even begin to imagine.

No comments: