Wednesday, April 13, 2011

And then, there are the stairs...


I am a little overwhelmed by the amount of stuff we want to get done before baby boy Stone comes home. (And, yes, I realize much of this is what we WANT to get done vs what we NEED to get done.) All of this when Terry is working to start a business, and I have an extremely busy time at work with multiple new employees and projects.

So, here's what I think about at night:
  1. Get  remaining immunizations!
  2. Finish adoption training courses
  3. Buy crib
  4. Buy bedding
  5. Buy used dresser/gliding chair/etc
  6. Buy stoller and carseat
  7. Visit yard sales for other baby items
  8. Sell existing furniture in baby room
  9. Clean out all "stuff" in baby's room
  10. What to do with all of the books on the bookshelves?
  11. Paint baby's room
  12. Paint mural in baby's room
  13. Get blinds for baby's room reworked (we have them, they don't fit)
  14. Clean our storage room to move china cabinet into
  15. Get new, baby-safe coffee table
  16. Register for showers
  17. Send my wonderful girlfriends who are doing showers, names/dates
  18. Buy deep-freezer
  19. Prepare meals to freeze
  20. Write thank-you's for baby gifts
  21. Add baby to insurance
  22. Daycare??
  23. Read baby books
  24. Read parenting books
  25. Read bi-racial family books
  26. Purge all the junk from the house, since it's a small house, and much new stuff is coming in!
  27. Sleep in as much as possible
  28. Prepare for absense from work
  29. Find pediatrician
  30. Babyproof house
  31. And then, there are the stairs. They'r pretty scary for a toddler. The dog (and even some friends) won't go up them. They go down as well, so it's a 2-story drop from the top stair. Eek.
I would assume this is about half of what we need to do. And yes, I know what you're going to say. "It'll all come together". And I do believe it will. But it still keeps me up at night! In an excited way.

4 comments:

Lynn K said...

Welcome to parenthood! This is your life from now on. You'll love it!

Theresa said...

Your list is making me panic and I am no where near close to receiving a referral! You will never be 100% ready (I say this after seeing all my friends and 3 sisters become mothers), but the important things will get done and the rest - well as my husband says, eventually.

Anonymous said...

you could put that awesome green netting from the garden behind each step so he won't slip through :-)

you forgot:
1. baby locks on the cabinets
2. learn to make organic baby food - because that is you right??
3. HAVE FUN WITH YOUR GIRLFRIENDS!!!

xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh those are precisely our stairs. at least you have time to come up with a solution - we'll be getting referral for a toddler (walking) and I have no idea what we'll end up doing to solve that.