Monday, April 18, 2011

Baby prep: underway!

Operation baby boy Stone prep is officially underway at Casa Stone!

We have a shared google document started with our ever-expanding list of things to do. I've gotten a few vaccines. (Note to self, schedule one for this week!) I bought the book most recommended to me "Parenting Your Internationally Adopted Child".

I started cleaning the baby's room this weekend (think: purge!). I really had no idea that it had pretty much become my second closet. It's amazing how much crap one can accumulate in a short period! So I thought that would take a day - it's gonna take more like a week. I need to sell the bookshelves that we have in the baby's room (crate & barrel shelves anyone?) and pack up the books until we can get built-in shelves somewhere in the house. (Anyone in Colorado know of a good, cheap, dependable handy-guy who can build shelves?)

This weekend, Terry designed and built an awesome Trellis for the front of our house. And while this isn't directly baby-related, it's something checked off the list. So, in that sense, it's baby related! And now our clematis have a happy place to grow. :)

Up next: register for baby stuff, continue brutal purge of unnecessary crap we carry with us. (And I'm talking physical, mental and spiritual of course...) And on and on and on...
"Waiting is a state of mind, the usual state of mind. Presence is when you're no longer waiting for the next moment, believing that the next moment will be more fulfilling than this one." - Eckhart Tolle
I know. I know. And I'm working on it. (But I still want him home!)

No comments: