Sunday, April 10, 2011

**Warning - Annoying New Mother Post**

Don't say you haven't been warned!

So, fair is fair. You listened to me cry and moan for months after Nepal closed. (I still mourn for that child, so I might again.) But NOW, you get to listen to me babble and spew about all things "first-time new mama". Like how I showed his picture to the flight attendant and she ooohed and ahhhed. And how my first purchase, and rightly so, was a pair of shoes for him with little doggies on them. :) And how I went into H+M in Austria and bought THE CUTEST little boy sweater vests and t-shirts! And how I talk to him lots of times a day, and wonder what he's doing.

I need a nickname for baby boy Stone, and FAST! I know I am going to blurt out his name here and not realize it until later. And we're not allowed to post his name or any other private information to public forums. But - I can tell you, it's definitely his name, and we're definitely keeping it. :) And no, it's not Pebble, but maybe that's his nickname? Have I mentioned baby boy Stone is absolutely gorgeous? (Does the blog title make sense now?)

Oh - and, my apologies to all of you who I didn't believe when you said: "It'll make sense when you get your referral...you'll see that your baby found you." Not only did I not believe you; I wanted to chew your head right off your neck. But, ahem,: "you were right". There have been many "coincidences" around baby boy Stone. It's all that stuff that makes me think "Yep, this child really has been headed straight for us, this is our son." I wish I could tell you, but suffice to say I am quite amazed and moved. Have I mentioned this is the cutest baby boy ever?

I picked up a stone for him on the banks of the Salzach river today. It's in the shape of a heart.

7 comments:

elliemac said...

So great to hear you happy, happy, happy. And I hope that the stone you picked up was MUCH smaller than the one you tried to pick up in LaJolla.

Anonymous said...

:-)

so nice to see happy posts these days..and I am so glad I still have my head, even if it barely there!! :-)

I think Pebble is the way to go.

xoxo

Elissa said...

Babble away sister, it is music to my ears!! And I'm sure I speak for the others who "told you so" that we all knew you were rolling your eyes at us when we predicted that this journey would be oh-so-worth it!! I'm not being smug when I say I'm so glad I was right :)

Wes, Dawn and Luke said...

I didn't believe it when people told me that either....but its so true! I bet you would go through it all again just to be where you are today :o)

I still think of my baby in Nepal she was so beautiful but with her I would not have Luke...and so it is.

Gods plans are perfect! KEEP babbling!!!!

Straus^3 said...

Nickname ideas:

Papa was a rollin'
Sly
Sly and the family
Brim
Corner
Stick and
Stepping
People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw
and my favorite.... Everybody must get

(guess which Straus wrote this)

Theresa said...

Pebble is probably appropriate or baby Stone. What a great time for you. Your happiness just leaps off the screen.

Reg said...

I am very happy for you. Great and I like to read your blog since a long time.
all the best for the next days