Friday, April 8, 2011

Mama's takin' a road trip.

I love a good road trip!

I figure it might be the last chance for a road trip for quite a while, so I'm all over it! I'm headed out of Regensburg Germany today to drive south, through the mountains of Bavaria, to Salzburg for the weekend. Such a beautiful city - I'm excited to see it again. 

The original plan was a weekend in Prague, but that plan changed for a number of reasons that just aren't very interesting. And I'm actually quite excited to be driving to Salzburg rather than taking a train to Prague - all the little Bavarian villages and beautiful scenery to behold on MY schedule. My zippy BMW rental car is gassed up, I have sandwiches and cold apple juice ready! (There is something about a sticker for my windshield I must figure out before crossing into Austria...I already have a few outstanding parking tickets from my last trip here, so must not risk anything else lest I end up in a Bavarian jail :) )

Since everyone's telling us to "get sleeping in, movies, road trips or anything spontaneous" out of our systems before the wee-one comes home, I feel completely justified in taking this little holiday. Plus it's my 42nd birthday weekend. :) This is a dangerous combination - feeling justified to have adventure and to buy baby things while in Europe.

I only wish my hubby were along to share in the fun.

4 comments:

Becca said...

Love this Anne! good for you! you sound so happy- you are radiating.. enjoy!

Becca

Two Little Birds said...

Sounds like heaven! A great solo roadtrip through beautiful country and an even more beautiful baby in your near future. I don't even know you, but your post made me smile. Life is good. :)

Theresa said...

Happy Birthday weekend. The only thing better than a road trip is a European road trip. So jealous - both places that are on my radar to visit. Have a great time spoiling yourself and buying a few toys for your son.

Elissa said...

So fun!! I used to take weekend train trips all along there when I lived in Munich. What a treat!