Saturday, April 23, 2011

Super Secret Blog.

So now it's just a super-secret group who has access to this blog. (And if anyone has been holding out on me and works for or has any affiliation with the Ethiopia Government, the US Government, Joint Council, any adoption agency or even worse, Unicef, now's the time to let me know. Seriously. Please do.)

So I decided to take the blog private after good advice from good friends. We've come SO far, and it would be a shame to run into any problems at this point due to having a public blog! Not that I'd expect that, but it could happen. (Last summer, friends of our walked into the office of the ministry in Nepal and their blog was up on screen. Yep. And that was Nepal - Ethiopia has a much larger and more advanced program and staff.)

A few relatively unexciting updates on the adoption. It's been 1 month yesterday since we were matched with Baby Boy Stone (BBS)! And, alas, we did sign something promising not to share pictures, name, etc., publically, so until we're further in the process all that stuff's still private. And I know some people share this type of information on private blogs, but I'm not there yet. Maybe after we go to court. Whenever that will be.

I got my polio vaccination on Friday, meningitis on Monday. We were surprised about a week ago with updated pictures of BBS. He has gotten cuter, if that's possible! He gained a *tiny* bit of weight and grew about 3cm in length and 1cm in head circumference. Our international adoption doctor commented "He needs to be in a home environment." Uh, DUH.

So there you have it. More cleaning/purging/etc to get ready for BBS this weekend.

6 comments:

Kirsten said...

Thank you for including me! I enjoy reading your perspective. I thought I'd introduce myself: I have no affiliations with any of the groups in question. In fact I have few affiliations :-) I am a part time writing teacher (most of the blogs I "follow" are those written by my students.) We have 2 boys and have recently transplanted from Boston to the Midwest. We have been thinking about adoption for a year now--we started off wanting India then Nepal, then China, then Korea until we were directed to another continent and got excited about Ethiopia! It's amazing how bloggers help the process!

Michele said...

I'll second Kirsten's comment--thanks so much for including me! Kirsten-I'm also a teacher (full time social studies). We've been waiting 11 months so far and although I don't have a blog of my own, I love reading others'!

Thanks again!

Barbara said...

Hi Anne,
Thank you for including me in your followers!
I was wondering if there was some way I could email you, I would like to change the email address I gave you for following your blog, and I would prefer not to post my email addresses in this comment.

Becca said...

thanks Anne for taking me with you! I am not affiliated with any of those groups- just along for the adoption journey.. love your style and hope to hear some travel news soon

Becca- Denver, CO Ethiopian adoption in the works

p.s. was so surprised to see you on my blog, as I have not gone public. it was fun to see you visited.. anytime :)

Frankie said...

Hi Anne,
Thanks for including me in your private blog. Even though we work together, I enjoy catching up, reading the details and your perspective.

I'm good at painting and house stuff so if you need some help getting BBS's room ready, let me know. :)

Keeping positive thoughts for you, Terry and BBS. Can't wait to meet him!

Frankie

Reg said...

thanks too for including me. I am very happy I can continue to read your blog. I follow it since a long time because we had our papers in Nepal. We were very lucky and have 2 lovely kids from Nepal. I am not affiliated with the organizations, I am just from Switzerland. But I don't agree with their statements.
wish you all the best and hope you can very soon bring your son home.
reg